The new year is coming up fast, and for many of us, that means that it’s time to make resolutions. The problem is, most people end up ditching their resolutions after a few weeks (guilty) because they realize that the goals they set are unrealistic or overly complicated.
If you’re looking for a new way to make resolutions in 2019, consider ditching the typical, vague statements (“eat healthier,” “exercise more,” and “save money” come to mind), and instead give yourself a list of tasks to accomplish over the course of the entire year. This list is the perfect place to put things that you’ve been meaning to do for a while, but just haven’t gotten around to. Resolve to do them in the new year, and you’ll have your most productive year yet.
We know firsthand how a clean and organized home can contribute to your overall happiness and well being. Making home-related resolutions can help you can a clean and organized home as you work to tackle other resolutions throughout the year. To give you some inspiration, we’ve compiled our own list of 19 simple, home-related resolutions you could make for 2019.
1. Dust hard to reach places (ceiling fans, above cabinets, etc.)
2. Sort through books and donate ones you don’t want anymore
3. Touch up the paint throughout the house
4. Replace broken fixtures (think: ceiling lights, bathroom faucets, etc.)
5. Clean out the garage
6. Organize your craft supplies
7. Update the pictures in your picture frames
8. Defrost (and clean out) your freezer
9. Clean out your closet
10. Gather kids’ clothes that don’t fit anymore and donate them
11. Have your carpets and upholstery professionally cleaned
12. Create an emergency binder full of important documents and information
13. Deep clean your mattress and wash your pillows
14. Get a storage unit to keep things safe away from home
15. Go through your game collection and throw away anything that is broken or missing pieces
16. Clean out your bathroom drawers
17. Clean and organize your tools
18. Change your air filters
19. Get rid of extra pots, pans, and kitchen utensils
The list of possibilities is endless, and of course you’ll want to create a list that fits your specific needs, but hopefully this list will help you get a good head start as you make simple, realistic, home-related resolutions for 2019.
If you’re planning to do some decluttering this year, you’re going to want to get a storage unit to give you a safe place to put the things you can’t seem to get rid of. Arizona Storage Centers is the best option in the Valley, providing secure and reliable storage, along with friendly customer service, in Chandler, Gilbert, Phoenix, Deer Valley, and Glendale. Stop by today to check out our facilities and options, or give us a call at 480-386-6022. We look forward to serving you.